Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland
Would you please tell me what is the meaning of "the therapist is lobbying in validation" I'm not sure if it is "lobbying or lopping or lobbing" I have heard it like this but I couldn't understand it. May you please help me 🙏🏻

Would you please tell me what is the meaning of "the therapist is lobbying in validation"? I'm not sure if it is "lobbying", or "lopping" or "lobbing". I have heard it like this but I couldn't understand it. May Can you please help me? 🙏🏻

Please note my corrections above. None of the three options you gave makes sense to me but you have given us an incomplete sentence. Please provide the complete sentence, along with the source and author/speaker.
Remember to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark. You omitted two question marks and a full stop in your piece.

I'm curious - why did you choose to move from Armenia to Swaziland?

Please note my corrections above. None of the three options you gave makes sense to me but you have given us an incomplete sentence. Please provide the complete sentence, along with the source and author/speaker.
Remember to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark. You omitted two question marks and a full stop in your piece.

I'm curious - why did you choose to move from Armenia to Swaziland?
Thank you so much for your correction 😃. I think the speaker in the video was saying a statement not asking a question, but I'm not sure, so I wrote it without a question mark. According to the country, by mistake I chose that country, I wanted to choose Switzerland. Excuse my French. Here is the video in 52:14

She says "lobbing". Not only did I hear that, but neither lobbying nor lopping would make sense.

She says "lobbing". Not only did I hear that, but neither lobbying nor lopping would make sense.
Thank you so much. If it's lobbying, then what will it mean in this context, please?

It is NOT lobbying. As I said above it is lobbing. She says "lobbing in.".

It is NOT lobbying. As I said above it is lobbing. She says "lobbing in.".
Sorry, I mean what is the meaning of "lobbing in validation" please. Because I searched the three meanings of the words but non make sense to me 😢😥

In this case "lob in some validation" is merely a metaphor for "add some validation to the mix". It is not a phrase commonly used in such contexts, but rather an idiosyncrasy of the speaker. You are very unlikely to encounter it again.

Thank you so much for your correction 😃. I think the speaker in the video was saying a statement not asking a question, but I'm not sure, so I wrote it without a question mark.
The first question mark I added has nothing to do with the quoted words. It's the question mark that needs to end your question that started "Would you please tell me ..."

lob means 'throw'.

in means 'into the patient's emotional context' or 'into the mix of feelings that is making the patient respond emotionally in the way that they are'.

By validation, she means 'a verbal articulation of the patient's feelings'. If you validate someone's feelings, you show them that you understand how they feel. This is an important thing for a therapist of this type to do because it lets the patient know that someone is listening to them.

lob means 'throw'.

in means 'into the patient's emotional context' or 'into the mix of feelings that is making the patient respond emotionally in the way that they are'.

By validation, she means 'a verbal articulation of the patient's feelings'. If you validate someone's feelings, you show them that you understand how they feel. This is an important thing for a therapist of this type to do because it lets the patient know that someone is listening to them.
What an amazing and perfect explaination. Highly appreciated for your big help and clarification 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back