Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Frank not leaving car dearler in shaking hand:

Frank: I even went fragrance-free for a over year. Now my sister, she uses... aloe vera with a little sunscreen in it. Yeah. Ideally speaking, we all should wear gloves to go to the bed......but I found out that will be little...interference with my social agenda, you know what I mean.

What does "little...interference with my social agenda" mean?

Source: Ocean's Eleven (a 2001 American heist film directed by Steven Soderbergh and written by Ted Griffin)

I tried: It gets in the way with what you want to do socially, like making friends and stuff.

He's speaking ironically. When he says "a little...interference with my social agenda," he means sexual relations would be practically impossible.

He's speaking ironically. When he says "a little...interference with my social agenda," he means sexual relations would be practically impossible.

I following rules that's why I posted my work after putting some effort, please stop sending warnings to me.

I am following rules. That's why I posted my work after putting in some effort. Please stop sending warnings to me.
Was there a warning? I don't see one.

As Goes says, in the quote, "social agenda" means "sex life."

If you're referring to the warning that I gave in a previous thread, I can't see that you've done what I asked. I asked you to look up the words you're querying in good dictionaries, tell us what definitions you found, and explain how/why you think they do or don't fit the excerpts you're quoting. Where have you done that in post #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back