Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Could you please help me with the green parts (I am either not sure, or, if it's "???", don't make out at all).

He doesn't have a mama, look at this poor little face.
I know. And what else?
Me and ??? found him ???
Yeah. And why are you crying?
Because I want to keep this kitty ??? he's so cute. ???
And why else are you crying?
Because I want to keep it so bad I can't it stop.
??? Come here. What about-- Did you ask everybody else?
Yeah, but nobody wants to keep this poor baby kitty.
Here, let me see it, turn him around.

Thanks.

Could you please help me with the green parts (I am either not sure, or, if it's "???", don't make out at all).

He doesn't have a mama, look at this poor little face.
I know. And what else?
Me and ??? (Jenna) found him ??? (first Jenna then me)Yeah. And why are you crying?
Because I want to keep this kitty ???(real bad 'cause) he's so cute. ??? ( and if I have to leave her I'm gonna cry )
And why else are you crying?
Because I want to keep it so bad I can't it (even)stop.
??? (tell meemaw? 'bout her) Come here. What about-- Did you ask everybody else?
Yeah, but nobody wants to keep this poor baby kitty.
Here, let me see it, turn [STRIKE]him [/STRIKE](it) around.

Thanks.

You were correct on your guesses, although you misunderstood 'him'.

I'm not positive, but I think the person says 'meemaw' on the third to last line. 'Meemaw' is a term for 'grandmother'. Between the accents, the crying, and several speaking at the same time, it's difficult to make out this line spoken by somebody in the background at all.

They all have very strong Southern US accents, but the child is particularly difficult to understand because of not only the accent, but her tears and child-like grammar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back