Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
The video is from one of his live performances in Vh1 stroyteller (the name of the TV show).
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/6nsdPI5QYXM$

I've made the scripts of some parts of his dialogue in the video. The parts especially challenging to me are marked in red though I'm 100% sure of the other parts. Any correction or help would really be appreciated.

(from the beginning, 00:00)
He and I have written so many songs you probably might maybe kind of know.
But did we write together though?
Ok. The next song? The next song we wrote together. 'Fistful of tears'.
People asked me. It's funny. I was in the studio. I was in the studio and I was with Mary J Blige. I don't know if you guys know who she is. Sorry, I hate to name-drop. I am not that dude but it's storytellers. So I'm telling you story, OK?
So I'm in the studio, Anthony Hamilton, another name I'm dropping...
He comes and he is like "Max..." Like... "What the hell is this song (all) about?" Like "What is it about?"
And I was like "Yeah, what is it about?" Cause it is kind of most what I do is usually combination of like ,whatever I am going through, whatever I see out in the world, and whatever I want you to make it. So it's usually ?? three ?? varience.
So 'Fistful of Tears' is definitely was inspired by the war. I hate the fact that we are fighting. I can't wait for the troops to come back.
The fact that we are fighting religious wars is crazy to me. I mean everyone should believe whatever they wanna believe in. Just don't mess with me. That's all I'm saying. You know, I mean, If your god is named this, my god is named that. I am cool.
So that's basically kind of what's respond it????. But it is also about kind of just try to express to someone that is so beautiful and so amazing how great they are when they can't see how great they are. So there you have it.
Sometime gotta go to church.
Sometime gotta let him know.
Sometime gotta let him know.
(singing)

(02:09)
One second. Let me feel myself ? time?????
(singing)
OK. That's enough. Here we go, yo!

(02:38)
Hope that sounds good.

(from 5:55)
Sometimes I do go insane. I have to say.
I swear I never thought any of this would happen. I mean really. Your dream as a kid and you just think you just play make-believe and all of a sudden you are in front of your Vh1 storytellers. Everybody is singing along with something that you... but you ?? the only one ?? without know ????????.
And it's a blessing. It is such a blessing. I mean I can't express enough how much of blessing.
I mean I'm from Brooklyn New York. I'm getting emotional. Let me just hold up for a second please.
(singing)

(from 7:32)
I got a really really funny story. Check this out. So like we were rehearsing in Brooklyn yesterday. And we were done, right?
So the guys come in... they are like.. you know... they gotta pack up all the instruments and everything.
And this guy from... you know... ?????????? man.
And he's like "Man I want you to show at Madison Square garden," And... and thanks for that too. That blew my mind. I'm like...
But he's like "your mom ??????? I have twins so we have a history." Real talk people. I'm not just making...

The video is from one of his live performances in Vh1 stroyteller (the name of the TV show).
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/6nsdPI5QYXM$

I've made the scripts of some parts of his dialogue in the video. The parts especially challenging to me are marked in red though I'm 100% sure of the other parts. Any correction or help would really be appreciated.

(from the beginning, 00:00)
He and I have written so many songs you probably might maybe kind of know.
What did we write together, dog?
Ok. The next song? Oh, The next song we wrote together. 'Fistful of tears'.
People asked me. It's funny. I was in the studio. I was in the studio and I was with Mary J Blige. I don't know if you guys know who she is. Sorry, I hate to name-drop. I am not that dude but it's storytellers. So I'm telling you a story, OK?
So I'm in the studio, Anthony Hamilton, another name I'm dropping...
He comes and he is like "Max..." Like... "What the hell is this song [STRIKE](all)[/STRIKE] about?" Like "What is it about?"
And I was like "Yeah, what is it about?" Cause it is kind of most what I do is usually combination of like ,whatever I am going through, whatever I see out in the world, and whatever I want you to make it. So it's usually three-pronged experience.
So 'Fistful of Tears' is definitely was inspired by the war. I hate the fact that we are fighting. I can't wait for the troops to come back.
The fact that we are fighting a religious war is crazy to me. I mean everyone should believe whatever they wanna believe in. Just don't mess with me. That's all I'm saying. You know, I mean, If your god is named this, my god is named that. I am cool.
So that's basically kind of what's spawned it. But it is also about kind of just try to express to someone that is so beautiful and so amazing how great they are when they can't see how great they are. So there you have it.

The rest is the song. You should look up the lyrics.

Thank you, andrewg927. I know the lyrics of the song. The rest, however, is not only the song but some talking. Please check each time point that I specified.

Sometimes you gotta go to church.
Sometimes you gotta let him know.
Sometimes you gotta let him know.
(singing)

(02:09)
One second. Let me feel myself two times

OK. That's enough. Here we go, yo!

(02:38)
Hope this sounds good.

(from 5:55)
Sometimes I do go insane. I have to say.
I swear I never thought any of this would happen. I mean really. You dream as a kid and you just think you just play make-believe and all of a sudden you are in front of your VH1 storytellers and everybody is singing along with something that you thought you'd be the only one that would know.
And it's a blessing. It is such a blessing. I mean I can't express enough how much of a blessing.
I mean I'm from Brooklyn New York. I'm from...I'm gonna get emotional. Let me just hold up for a second, okay.
(singing)

(from 7:32)
I got a really really funny story. Check this out. So like we were rehearsing in Brooklyn yesterday. And we were done, right?
So the guys come in... they are like.. you know... they gotta pack up all the instruments and everything.
And this guy from... you know... the fire department. He is a fireman.
And he's like "Man, I went to your show at Madison Square garden," And... and thanks for that too. That blew my mind. I'm like...
But he's like "you're nine months later I'll have twins so we have a history." Real talk people. I'm not just making this up...[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back