Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I really want to make things better with this girl I've seen for close to a year. She basically wants to get back together with her ex, who has cheated on her. I mentioned to her that she shouldn't get back together with him because he'll only do it again. This basically caused her to blow up at me and she hasn't been responding to my texts. She's from Germany, so her English isn't perfect but its still very good. This is a letter I want to send her:

I hope you’re feeling better and not stressed. I was pretty upset at some of the things you said/texted me when I got back to Florida. It’s really hard for me to describe the pain. You were right about the things you mentioned, I was frustrated, but mostly because we didn’t have open communication and the comfort level to express our thoughts to one another than you not liking me in return. Friends are supposed to be able to freely talk and communicate with one another.

One of the things I didn’t say when you dropped me off at the airport that I wanted to say, was that even if you don’t like me, I think you are better off with someone else besides Ken. And I know it was wrong of me to not mention that because I was being selfish. You said you love him, and I truly do want you to be happy. If that means getting back together with Ken, then you should do what your heart and mind tell you. My words weren’t meant to be that of a frustrated jerk, but rather a person who cares.

One of the things I said when I first met you was that you’d be scared of me because of where I’m from. You have no idea what kind of crap I have to put up with because of where I’m from. I’m not sure if the comments you made where because of that or something else. But whatever the reason, I haven’t felt that bad in a long time. I felt more pain with your comments than the crap I deal with from others.

You mentioned that you consider me to be a really ‘good friend’ and I appreciate you saying that. You’ve taught me a lot about topics I knew little about, speciesism, Black Fish and Sea World, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.! In fact, after meeting you, I thought about becoming a vegetarian and have taught a lot of people about speciesism. I had removed all meat products from my diet. Alas, as much as I appreciate vegans and vegetarians and the importance of this battle, this is not my battle. I consider myself ‘sensitive’ to this matter, and will opt to eat a vegan diet when provided the opportunity. Sadly, so far all the vegans that I’ve known in my life have all ended up being poor characters as human beings. I can’t understand why some vegans/vegetarians will have a sensitivity for animals but not be able to offer this same type of sentiment towards humans.

All the things I said about you in my texts are true: I feel like you are a wonderful human being and have a universe to offer.

Kindest Regards,
Any advice? Do you think this letter is good to send as is, or will it cause her to remove me as a friend from facebook?

Last edited:
I hope you’re feeling better and not stressed. I was pretty upset at some of the things you said/texted me when I got back to Florida. It’s really hard for me to describe the pain. You were right about the things you mentioned, I was frustrated, but mostly because we didn’t have open communication and the comfort level to express our thoughts to one another than you not liking me in return. Friends are supposed to be able to freely talk and communicate with one another.

One of the things I didn’t say when you dropped me off at the airport that I wanted to say, was that even if you don’t like me, I think you are better off with someone else besides Ken. And I know it was wrong of me to not mention that because I was being selfish. You said you love him, and I truly do want you to be happy. If that means getting back together with Ken, then you should do what your heart and mind tell you. My words weren’t meant to be that of a frustrated jerk, but rather a person who cares.

One of the things I said when I first met you was that you’d be scared of me because of where I’m from. You have no idea what kind of crap I have to put up with because of where I’m from. I’m not sure if the comments you made w[STRIKE]h[/STRIKE]ere because of that or something else. But whatever the reason, I haven’t felt that bad in a long time. I felt more pain with your comments than the crap I deal with from others.

You mentioned that you consider me to be a really ‘good friend’ and I appreciate you saying that. You’ve taught me a lot about topics I knew little about, speciesism, Black Fish and Sea World, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.! In fact, after meeting you, I thought about becoming a vegetarian and have taught a lot of people about speciesism. I had removed all meat products from my diet. Alas, as much as I appreciate vegans and vegetarians and the importance of this battle, this is not my battle. I consider myself ‘sensitive’ to this matter, and will opt to eat a vegan diet when provided the opportunity. Sadly, so far all the vegans that I’ve known in my life have all ended up being poor characters as human beings. I can’t understand why some vegans/vegetarians will have a sensitivity for animals but not be able to offer this same type of sentiment towards humans.

All the things I said about you in my texts are true: I feel like you are a wonderful human being and have a universe to offer.

Kindest Regards,

I think the highlighted parts (expressions) need to be looked into. I am no counselor to offer advice on relationships
not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back