Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a company that organizes nightlife events. For this event I have always used the following as a slogan.

'Let's celebrate the love for the night!'

I am now working on developing clothes that I want this quote to return to. I would like to double check if it is grammatically okay.

Like to hear!

Have a good day everyone :)

Lennard

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds odd to me.

How about "Let's celebrate love tonight"?

It sounds odd to me.

How about "Let's celebrate love tonight"?

Thanks for your comment and suggestion! I'm going to seriously consider that option.

Are there any more opinions?

I think what you were going for was this: Let's celebrate a love of the night

What is "a love of the night"?

I think what you were going for was this: Let's celebrate a love of the night

I think you misunderstand me. The thing I want to say with the slogan is:

Let's celebrate the love (read love as appreciation) for the night.

Celebrating "love tonight" and "love for the night" are two different things. Anyway, a slogan needs to be less wordy.

Good afternoon, everyone. In future, there is no need for any kind of greeting.

I have a company that organizes nightlife events. For [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] one [specific] event, I have always used the following as a slogan.

'Let's celebrate the love for the night!'

I am now working on developing clothes that I want this quote to return to. I don't know what you mean by the underlined part. Can you explain it a different way?

I would like to double-check if it is grammatically okay.

I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions!

Have a good day everyone.

[STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE] Please don't try to make your own emoticons. If you really need one, click on the :) icon in the toolbar and choose one.

[STRIKE]Lennard[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. We can see your username.

Please note my corrections (in red), my queries (in blue) and my comments (in grey) above.

Please note my corrections (in red), my queries (in blue) and my comments (in grey) above.

Thanks for your corrections and apologies for the mistakes. I will try to formulate it better.

This slogan will be printed on the neck label in the hoodies. Do you understand?

It seems like you know a lot about the English language, so you can probably help me with my question about my slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back