Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello,

I was reading this article from Economist.com, and was curious about this sentence,

"Nervous investors awaited news of a possible Greek bail-out, led by Germany"

Why use "led", not "leading", is it because Germany has began the bailout? Please enlighten me.

and one more question, in my first sentence up there, ", and was curious about this sentence," Is it correct? or I should leave out the "was" and just have ", and curious about this sentence,"?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello,

I was reading this article from Economist.com, and was curious about this sentence,

"Nervous investors awaited news of a possible Greek bail-out, led by Germany"

Why use "led", not "leading", is it because Germany has began the bailout? Please enlighten me.

and one more question, in my first sentence up there, ", and was curious about this sentence," Is it correct? or I should leave out the "was" and just have ", and curious about this sentence,"?

Thank you very much for your help
***NOT A TEACHER***Good morning, Mike. (1) I was reading this article from Economist.com., and I was curious about this sentence. (2) I was reading this article from Economist.com. and wondering about this sentence. (3) a possible Greek bail-out, (which will be/may be/ is expected to be) led by Germany. Yes, Germany will take the lead (leadership) in arranging for the bailout. It could also mean that Germany will be the first to contribute financial help and possibly give the largest amount. I have not read the article. Thank you and have a nice day.

Why the period?
I am basically computer illiterate. Thank you, sir, for teaching me that one does not use a period after "com" as I did in my answer to that gentleman. I apologize, and I shall try to do better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back