Later that evening, Jane and Patrick went for a stroll along the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this correct and natural?

Later that evening, Jane and Patrick went for a stroll along the beach. A humid wind rustled the palm trees and a ribbon of moonlight sparkled off the ocean. As they walked in silence, the waves splashed on the sand, soaking their sandal-clad feet. The lamps on the beach glowed with a hazy glow, casting their shadows on the beach. Jane stopped, and looked at her shadow mingling with Patrick's. She couldn't help but feel that unlike how their shadows merged in the outside world, there was an invisible wall between their hearts. She let go of his hand, and looked out at the water. "I should go back home, John. Alone." she said into the silence.

Is this correct and natural?

Later that evening, Jane and Patrick went for a stroll along the beach. A humid wind rustled the palm trees and a ribbon of moonlight sparkled off the ocean. As they walked in silence, the waves splashed on the sand, soaking their sandal-clad feet. The lamps on the beach glowed with a hazy glow, casting their shadows on the beach. Jane stopped, and looked at her shadow mingling with Patrick's. She couldn't help but feel that unlike how their shadows merged in the outside world, there was an invisible wall between their hearts. She let go of his hand, and looked out at the water. "I should go back home, John. Alone," she said into the silence.
Bzzzzht!

Re "glowed with a hazy glow": Oh, come on! I'm ruling against you. Either pick another verb or pick another noun.

Hazy
you can keep.

Bzzzzht!

Re "glowed with a hazy glow": Oh, come on! I'm ruling against you. Either pick another verb or pick another noun.

Hazy
you can keep.

How about "shone with a hazy glow"?

Or emitted a hazy glow.

Shone works for me!

More vocab: cast a hazy glow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back