Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Your friend or a guy tells you why he or she couldn't do something. When you hear it, You start to laugh. Because there is an easy way to do it but he or she didn't know. But he or she didn't know. You say are you kidding me or you can't be serious. Is there a statement to tell your feeling about this situation. Can i only say Kidding?

[STRIKE]Your[/STRIKE] A friend (or a [STRIKE]guy[/STRIKE] stranger) tells you [STRIKE]why[/STRIKE] that he or she couldn't do something. When you hear it, you start to laugh (no full stop here) because there is an easy way to do it but he or she didn't know. [STRIKE]But he or she didn't know.[/STRIKE] Would you say "Are you kidding me?" or "You can't be serious!"? Is there [STRIKE]a statement[/STRIKE] something else you would use to [STRIKE]tell[/STRIKE] express your feeling about this situation? Can I [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] say just "Kidding"?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".

On the forum, put quotation marks around the actual words or sentences you are asking about.

To answer your question - if you are making fun of them, even slightly, you would say something like "Are you kidding me? You don't know how to do that? It's really easy!" You could also use "You can't be serious!" and then go on to explain the easy way that you already know. You can't simply say "Kidding".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back