[Grammar] Kelly was sitting in the couch of the teacher's room, using her laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"Kelly was sitting in the couch of the teacher's room, using her laptop. She was browsing the internet, still annoyed by what she had seen. After a few minutes she found the video that changed your mood."

I tried to write in past tense.

Thanks.

Don't ask me why, but we say 'sitting on the couch' and 'sitting in the armchair'.

Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"Kelly was sitting [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on the couch [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in the teacher's room, using her laptop. She was browsing the internet, still annoyed by what she had seen. After a few minutes, she found the video that changed your mood."
The highlighted part doesn't make sense. Can you say it in a different way?
Also, are you referring to a specific (one) teacher's room?

Dear teechar: One again, thanks for your help.

After a few minutes, she found the video that changed her mood."

I tried to write the following:

She was browsing the internet, still annoyed because someone upload a video of her past, where she made a bad joke against a quiet and innocent boy whom was her classmate.

The teacher's room is the room where teachers can prepare and relax before their class.

Thanks!

It changed he mood for the worse, because some joker uploaded an old video from 20 years ago, were she was a kind of mean girl against a quiet and innocent classmate of her. She was looking for that specific video that she heard the joker uploaded recently.

Thanks.

I'm still confused. In that case, what does "still annoyed by what she had seen" in your original sentence refer to? :-?
Please list the events in point form.

It's a little incomplete for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back