Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone,

From the book Choose Your Story, Change Your Life by Kindra Hall.

On that particular Sunday morning, after recognizing the trigger for what it was, I decided to insert some of my chosen stories in an effort to stop the spiral and regain control.

I told myself the story of dancing the night away at a wedding a few years ago (yes, that hypothetical situation in chapter 7 was me)—I’d been working out and eating well and felt so beautiful and strong.
I told myself the story of a night the spring after my daughter was born—we had gone to a charity event, and I was wearing an amazing dress and felt so strong and vibrant.
I told myself the story of a compliment a friend had given me just the fall prior after I had recommitted to regular exercise and how proud I was of myself.

Does "just the fall prior after I had recommitted to regular exercise" mean the last fall after I had recommitted to regular exercise?

I'm impressed that you worked that out! The original is poorly written, or at least poorly punctuated. At a minimum, there should be a comma after "prior". "just the fall prior" is extra information and could be enclosed between commas or brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back