Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi!
I'm searching for the right word to name a "united" money transfer, for example if a group of students wants to buy a uniform for each of them, but instead of doing it one by one, they collect the money, and one makes the money transfer. But I think "corporate" wouldn't fit, because it is not paid by the office or university
I think that may be same word if it was a group letter, etc. Please help me find the best word for it.

You might call it a joint purchase.

Would a "joint payment" sound good too?

Yes.

Hi! Unnecessary.

I'm searching for the right word to name for a "united" money transfer. For example, if a group of students wants to buy a uniform for each of them, but instead of doing it one by one, they collect the money, and one makes the money transfer. But I think "corporate" wouldn't fit, because it is not paid by the office or university a company.

I think that may it might be same word I would need if it was a group letter, etc. Please help me find the best word for it.
You could use "collective", but 5jj's "joint purchase" is best.

What about a "group purchase"? Since it is a single transaction, would the system recognise the difference?

What about a "group purchase"? Since it is a single transaction, would the system recognise the difference?
That would work too. It doesn't matter what the system recognises. We're just looking for a term used when a group of people club together to buy something, or pool their money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back