Johnny nudged Jill with his elbow, waking her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this correct and natural?

Johnny nudged Jill with his elbow, waking her up. "We are going to land in a few minutes," he said, giving her a blank look.

Jill blinked hard, and swallowed. She gazed into Johnny's eyes for a few moments, and then her eyes moved to the plane's floor, her mind drifting to her childhood. Resentment and regret swirled inside her as the plane descended, getting closer to her childhood's city.

Johnny put his hand on her shoulder, holding her gaze. "Your parents are good people, for all their faults. They love you. You know that."

She sighed. "Here we go again. I already feel jet-lagged. I'm not in the mood for another one of your speeches."

He gave her an admonishing look. "I'm not in the mood for you arguing with your parents about their failures. Just be nice for a week. The sky won't fall. Let's get this over with until we'll get back to our miserable lives in Seattle. Perfect parents don't exist."

Jill looked out the window. Sunlight bled through the smog, casting the city in a grayish haze. "You don't understand what they did to me. You never will," she said her eyes set on the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back