Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Jane stepped into the bathroom. She was beginning to fear seeing her own reflection in the mirror. A few weeks ago, she'd spotted the the emergence of what appeared to be her crow's feet. She felt age wasn't being fair to her. Don't people get those in their forties? I'm only 37. Whatever.
Jane's neighbor, Cara, had recommended she'd get Botax to erase the crow's feet. What a nosy woman!

Jane stepped into the bathroom. She was beginning to fear seeing her own reflection in the mirror. A few weeks ago, she'd spotted the the emergence of what appeared to be [STRIKE]her[/STRIKE] crow's feet. She felt age wasn't being fair to her. Don't people get those in their forties? I'm only 37. Whatever!
Jane's neighbor, Cara, had recommended [strike]she'd[/strike] she get Botox to erase the crow's feet. What a nosy woman!

See my corrections above. I don't find "What a nosy woman!" particularly natural in that context. She wasn't being nosy. Generally, someone being nosy asks lots of personal and invasive questions, rather than simply making suggestions.

She felt age wasn't being fair to her.

Any better word than "age"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back