Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"-Mmmm, it's not an easy question, some take a lifetime to find that something you're asking yourself. Perhaps it is something simple, perhaps complex or something intermediate between all the combinations that exist. But I do believe in one thing, and that is something that you and only you must solve. And maybe at that moment you can really come out with your head held high in this Greek tragedy that you've been living for twenty years."

Thanks

Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"-Mmmm, it's not an easy question; some take a lifetime to find that something you've been asking yourself. Perhaps it is something simple, perhaps complex or something [STRIKE]intermediate[/STRIKE] in between all the combinations that exist. But I do believe in one thing, and that is something that you and only you must solve. And maybe at that moment, you can really come out with your head held high in this Greek tragedy that you've been living for twenty years."

Thanks

I have no idea what these are about:

"the something you've been asking", "the something that you must solve" and "the Greek tragedy"

I have no idea what these are about:

"the something you've been asking", "the something that you must solve" and "the Greek tragedy"

the something you've been asking: I wanted to express that there are important subject that people are thinking for thereselves and even asking other persons about.

Example: What is the purpose of life?

About the something that you must solve: I want to express that Tim recieved a strange message. The advice of his friend is resolve that "something" that he listened. It was not a clear message, that is the reason to call it "something".

Thanks,

[h=3][/h]

What do you mean by that?

I mean that there is a question that Tim need to resolve. The original message to Tim was not clear, so he must decipher it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back