Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi!

About the collocation in the sentence "it will imply that is known what is the school and college".

Instead of writting "it will imply that is known what is the school and college", can I write "it will imply that is known what school and college is"?
Thank you.

No. In fact, even the first version doesn't make sense. If you found it somewhere please give us the source and author. If you wrote it yourself, try again. At this point we can't tell what you are trying to say.

"It will imply that is known..."

This part cannot be understood.

Hi! My doubt is on the verb "to be" collocation,

(1) may I write both "doing this will imply that is known what are the school and college."; "doing this will imply that is known what the school and college are."? (I meant to express the same as "doing this will imply that are known the school and college", but using an interrogative pronoun,
(2) Is it wrong to put "what"?
(3) and "which"? Searching on ludwig.guru: "The point is that they know who they are", I think
([4] Must I place an "it" right here?) is right to adapt to: "The point is that is known who they are", and, changing the meaning from people to objects, to "The point is that is known what they are.", meaning that is known what are their names. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
(5) On affirmative clauses, is not there any rule about the verb "to be" placement, when you are using interrogative pronouns?

Hugs!

With the sentences in (1) you are focusing on the same indecipherable format.

I will not comment on the other sentences at this time because looking at too many sentences at a time causes confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back