Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Good day,

An article about movie news, I find it interesting to read. However some terms, I don't get the meaning. Can somebody please help me to understand them?
Here is the paste of the paragraph. Phrases in my question is in bold font.

Thank you.

'It was a fast-paced and frantic buddy movie laced with period trappings and anachronistic gadgets*, led by the* crackling double act between Cavill’s suave American agent Napoleon Solo and Armie Hammer’s gruff Russian operative Illya Kuryakin."

"buddy movie": is it a movie that good to watch with your buddy?
"period trappings": please help me to understand this term
"anachronistic gadgets": does mean the outdated movie elements?
"crackling double act": does it refer to, the funny interactions between the 2 actors?

Source of the article: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/henry-cavill-reportedly-returning-man-uncle-2/

Last edited:
Before we continue, you must tell us the source and author of the article. You cannot copy, cut or paste anyone else's text without providing that information. We have very strict copyright laws in the UK where the forum is based.

Before we continue, you must tell us the source and author of the article. You cannot copy, cut or paste anyone else's text without providing that information. We have very strict copyright laws in the UK where the forum is based.
@emsr2d2 , thank you for the reply, and the tip in post. I've updated the post of the source/link of the article. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back