Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I would like to say I haven't seen someone for a while. Which one of the followings is most appropriate? Thanks a lot.

1. It has been a while since our last meet.
2. It has been a while that we haven't seen each other.
3. It has been a while since we've seen other.

Although I've read this thread and its answer, I'm still a bit confused about it. I would also give the same answer as engee30, since I was taught about the structure It has been (a period of time) since S + last + V-ed. But I'm wondering if the first two of the three options originally given by spaceniuzai are acceptable/correct, too (I suppose the third is incorrect).
Really sorry for creating this thread just to ask about the issue already asked and answered, but I just want to know if there are alternatives to express the same idea in this case. Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:
Really sorry for the unintentional mistake. Actually "It has been (a period of time) since S + last + V-ed" was what I was taught, as far as I remember. I will edit my post. Thank you for the prompt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back