Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
This is a reply to "Does education make a country successful?" Do you agree with my corrections? I wrote the text myself and tried to correct it. I divided it into five sentences.

1. It depends on a/the country.
A. It depends on a country.

2. In our country the quality of education is rising/increasing.
B. I think both "is rising" and "is increasing" are correct.

3. It is difficult to provide high quality of education online.
C. It is difficult to provide high quality education online.

4. Moreover there is a practical part of study which can't be done online.
D. Moreover, there is a practical part of studies which can't be done online.

5. Besides students meet each other in university spend time together and do social activities. I wish everyine had access to a good education.
E. Besides, students meet each other in university, spend time together and do social activities. I wish everyine had access to a good education.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before we continue, please click on Edit and add a space after the full stop after each number/letter in the list (so a space before the first word of every sentence). At the moment, it's really hard to read. I've already added a line break between each pair of words for you.

Before we continue, please click on Edit and add a space after the full stop after each number/letter in the list (so a space before the first word of every sentence). At the moment, it's really hard to read. I've already added a line break between each pair of words for you.
I have just done that. I removed the extra space between each pair of sentences too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a reply to "Does education make a country successful?" Do you agree with my corrections? I wrote the text myself and tried to correct it. I divided it into five sentences.

1. It depends on a/the country.
A. It depends on a country. ❌

2. In our country the quality of education is rising/increasing. ❌
B. I think both "is rising" and "is increasing" are correct. ❌

3. It is difficult to provide high quality of education online. ❌
C. It is difficult to provide high quality education online. ✅

4. Moreover there is a practical part of study which can't be done online. ❌
D. Moreover, there is a practical part of studies which can't be done online. ❌

5. Besides students meet each other in university spend time together and do social activities. I wish everyine had access to a good education. ❌
E. Besides, students meet each other in university, spend time together and do social activities. I wish everyine had access to a good education. ❌
1. Only "the" works there.
2. You need a comma after "country". Use "improving" when talking about quality.
3. C is correct.
4. You need a comma after "Moreover". You need something like "there are practical aspects of studying that can't be done online".
5. You've misspelled "everyone" in both. I'd use "at university".

I've put the line breaks back again for clarity.
Thank you.

@Anna232 As I said in post #2, I added those line breaks to make the whole thing easier to read. Posting a big block of text with no empty lines is hard to read.

1. Only "the" works there.
2. You need a comma after "country". Use "improving" when talking about quality.
3. C is correct.
4. You need a comma after "Moreover". You need something like "there are practical aspects of studying that can't be done online".
5. You've misspelled "everyone" in both. I'd use "at university".
Do you mean the rest of the fifth sentence is correct?

Why do you think I'd have failed to mention any other corrections?
No, I don't think so, of course. :)
You seem to have answered a different question. If I had asked "Why? Do you think ...?", your reply would be correct (in that it answers the second question). However, I asked "Why do you think ...?" so your answer should start with "I think that because ..." or, more simply, just "Because ...".

You seem to have answered a different question. If I had asked "Why? Do you think ...?", your reply would be correct (in that it answers the second question). However, I asked "Why do you think ...?" so your answer should start with "I think that because ..." or, more simply, just "Because ...".
But if I haven't thought about that at all. I mean I didn't think you failed to mention that. Why can't I say "No, I didn't think that?"

But if I haven't thought about that at all (no full stop here) (I mean I didn't think you failed to mention that), why can't I say "No, I didn't think that"?
The problem is with the word "No" at the start. Here's the natural dialogue:

Me: Why do you think I'd have failed to mention any other corrections?
You: I don't think that/I didn't think that.

If I'd asked "Do/Did you think I'd have failed to mention any other corrections?", your response could have started with "No" (or "Yes").

The question "Why do you think ...?" does not elicit a Yes/No response.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back