Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello.

The following is taken from the Motorship, October 2000, page 5 and 6.

Fortum says that given the vessels were, in efffect, prototypes its experiences so far have been better than expected. While it is monitoring the situation closely, it appears to have sufficient confidence in ABB's Azipods to have returned to the company with a further order (see page 11).

In my opinion, it appears to have sufficient confidence in ABB's Azipods to have returned means that it (the company) seems to have enough confidence in ABB's Azipods that it (the same company) has returned ........ or it seems that it (the company) puts so much trust in ABB's Azipods that it (the same company) has returned.

it appears to have sufficient confidence in ABB's Azipods to have returned = it appears to have sufficient confidence in ABB's Azipods that it has returned? I think so.

What do you think?

Thank you.

To support my claim, I would like to enclose an extract from page 11, which says "ABB Industry has reached an agreement with Helsinki-based Fortum Shipping to supply Azipod propulsion systems to its two 106,000 dwt diesel-electric tankers recently ordered from Sumitano Heavy Industries in Japan.

Last edited:
Yes, you're exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back