Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
He’s an accent reduction teacher and recommend me to take weekly class instead of twice a week and instead of 1 hour, he said 1 hour and a half at minimum. He said 1 hour won’t going to help me get the English accent. Is he trying to scam me or is he being honest?

If he's trying to scam you, why is he offering three instead of four hours every two weeks? Wouldn't he be losing out that way?

He’s an accent reduction teacher and [STRIKE]recommend me to[/STRIKE] he recommends that I take weekly classes instead of twice [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] weekly, and instead of 1 hour, [STRIKE]he said [/STRIKE]1 hour and a half at a minimum. He said 1 hour [STRIKE]won’t [/STRIKE]wasn’t going to help me get [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]an English accent. Is he trying to scam me, or is he being honest?

On the basis this is a serious question and you're not just asking for corrections:

I don’t think this can be a scam. However, it may be that he is suggesting a lesson schedule that best suits him, and not you. But as I have great faith that the majority of people are honest I think most likely that this is a strategy offered in good faith.

It is difficult to comment as I have no information on his methods, or how the lessons are supported by your own self-study between lessons.

There are advantages to be gained from longer lessons. There are advantages to be gained from more frequent lessons.

I would suggest that if this is a serious aim then you should be listening to, and repeating out loud, vocal exercises and specific monologues daily. And your teacher can play an important role ensuring that the exercises and monologues are the best for you.

If that is the case I as a teacher would want to see you more often so that any problems can be resolved at the earliest stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back