Is this a good teacher?

Where did you find "give me a course"?

Is this a good teacher? He may give me a course lessons.
You don't say what he's going to teach you but if it's English (especially spoken English), please please say no! I didn't even work out he was speaking English until about the eighth word. Even then, I understood less than half of it.

I had to send it to myself (Messenger). Some of the words sounded slightly familiar, but that was it. 🫤

You don't say what he's going to teach you but if it's English (especially spoken English), please please say no! I didn't even work out he was speaking English until about the eighth word. Even then, I understood less than half of it.
Yes , he was about to teach me a conversation course.
But I changed my mind after I read your words.

Last edited:
Yes , he was about to teach me a conversation course.
But I changed my mind after I read your words.
I'm sure you made the right decision. It's unlikely he would be able to teach you how to do it better than he can.

Maybe he understands spoken English. That I do not know.

Yes, he was about to teach me a conversational English course. but I changed my mind after I read your words.
You've made the right decision. I don't even think the quality of the recording was the issue. He was mostly unintelligible.

Avoid him as a teacher. He has zero grasp of English language inflection, stress, pitch, or stress. Granted, he was reading from what sounded like a news article, but I have no confidence his naturally generated English is any better.

You'd do as well to learn from the screaming child in the background. That alone speaks to the level of professionalism, if he can't even muster a quiet space for a 20 second sound clip.

He literally said "confected of a crime".:)

Yes, I know. I meant I couldn't make it out well enough to notice what words were mispronounced

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back