Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dear friends, I'm trying to write an email to a US prof.
Would you please correct me, if I have any mistake?

Dear Prof. (his name),
We are pleased that you will be in (our university name) this winter school. It might be a good chance for us to discuss one of your papers;
Some friends and I have studied "(title of paper)". It was really motivating, and I think It will become a nice discussion.
We're looking forward to meet you,
Sincerely,
(my name).

Hello Farzaneh.Rz, and welcome to the forum. :)

Dear Prof. (his name),

We are pleased that you will be in (our university name) this winter school.[STRIKE]It might be a good chance for us to discuss one of your papers;[/STRIKE]
Some of my friends and I have [STRIKE]studied[/STRIKE] read your paper "(title of paper)". We found it highly motivating, and we are very interested in it. We would truly appreciate it if we could have the opportunity to ask some questions and discuss that paper with you. [STRIKE]It was really motivating, and I think It will become a nice discussion.[/STRIKE]

Welcome to our university, and we're looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

(my name).

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note that, grammatically, your title should have been "Are there any mistakes in my email?" However, titles on the forum should be relevant and unique to the specific thread. A good title would have been "We are pleased that you will be in (our university name) ..."

Last edited:
Thanks for your help and good points ;)

Thanks for your help and good points. [strike];)[/strike]

Remember to end every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark. A home-made emoticon (or any other sort of emoticon) is not a substitute for punctuation. If you must use an emoticon, click on :) and choose one.

Additionally, there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank" to anyone. Clicking on the Thank button, which can be found in the bottom left-hand corner of all responses, suffices. Why not try it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back