[General] Is name "Adreso" suitable for a website domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy56

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Is name "Adreso" suitable for a website domain? Would spelling be a problem or not? Would you be confused by single "d" and "s" letters instead of double letters (as in "address")? Thanks for help.

.[/QUOTE]Welcome to the forum, andy. :hi:

If you are not concerned about the way people pronounce it, you can call your website what you want, and spell the name how you want. I would not think of 'address' if I sae a site called 'Adreso'.

Thank you very much for reply.

If not "address", then what comes to your mind first when you read or hear "adreso"?

Honestly? Nothing.

If I visit a website for some reason, I may be interested enough in a strange-sounding name to try to try to work out why it has been used, but generally I accept things for what they are.

My own website is 'gramorak'. I suppose I hope that visitors will realise that I had in mind 'grammar-anorak' when I thought of it, but I suspect many won't. Many will not even know this particular sense of 'anorak': Anorak (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* Not a teacher

At first sight, I would look it up in a Spanish dictionary because I have no idea what that means (I still don't, I haven't found it). You can give us a brief description of your website and tell us on what audience it is targeted. If you want it to be worldwide, not only for Spanish(?) audience, I recommend you to use an English name.

5jj, thank you for unfolding the riddle behind "grammorak". Also, thank you for teaching me a new word. :)

Do you mean adreso.com? If so, I can't see a problem with that.

Thank you very much for your responses. Adreso is not a spanish word. It means address in esperanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back