Is Mulan an animated movie or live-action film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi L

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
"Mulan is the latest animated Disney movie to be made into a live-action film" - excerpted from Mulan, Studio Classroom, March 2020

Re: Can you tell?

Well, from that sentence, it appears that it will soon be both. The original film was animated but it looks like they're making a live-action version.

Please note that I have changed your thread title.'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

Well, from that sentence, it appears that it will soon be both.

Without knowing anything about the 2 movies, only from that sentence, can you tell that there will be a live-action movie made from a previous animated one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can you tell?

Yes. Animated movie to be made into...

Yes. Animated movie to be made into...

With this kind of sentence structure "... to be... ", could you please give me another example sentence?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a truckload of grapes, to be made into wine.

I just received a truckload of grapes, to be made into wine.

Does it mean that I just received a truckload of grapes which will be made into wine?

Jungle book was an animation first, then turned into a live-action film, just like 101 Dalmatians. Disney is making live-action films of many of its animations.

Chadzo, please read this extract from the forum's Posting Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your post. Please note, all posts are moderated by our in-house language experts, so make sure your suggestions, help, and advice provide the kind of information an international language teacher would offer. If not, and your posts do not contribute to the topic in a positive way, they will be subject to deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back