[Vocabulary] Is it correct to say 'mutual lust of money'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDVVS

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Recently I came across a sentence that reads like this: "In this movie the paths of a bank clerk ( Denise Ho), a small-time gangster ( Lau Chingwan) and an inspector ( Richie Jen) become entangled because of their mutual lust of money."

Is it correct to use "mutual lust of money" in this context? Where can I check the accuracy of expressions like this? Thank you!!

Recently I came across a sentence that reads like this: "In this movie the paths of a bank clerk ( Denise Ho), a small-time gangster ( Lau Chingwan) and an inspector ( Richie Jen) become entangled because of their mutual lust of money."

Is it correct to use "mutual lust of money" in this context? Where can I check the accuracy of expressions like this? Thank you!!
We usually "lust for something" or "lust after something". In your sentence "lust for" would be correct.

The normal prepositions are 'love of' and 'lust for'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back