Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Is the teacher’s English good?

It seems pretty good to me. However, if I could hear her I might have a different opinion. 😜

She enunciates well and her English is of a high level. However, she doesn't sound like a native speaker, yet a lot of her spiel suggests that she can make you sound like one. On occasion, she stresses the wrong syllable and she has a couple of tell-tale pronunciation issues that give away the general area of the world that she's from.
Are you considering taking lessons from her?

I was finally able to hear her speak after I posted it on Facebook. She has a slight accent, but she speaks well. Unfortunately, the music is distracting, and it makes it hard for me to understand what she is saying. 🙁

She enunciates well and her English is of a high level. However, she doesn't sound like a native speaker, yet a lot of her spiel suggests that she can make you sound like one. On occasion, she stresses the wrong syllable and she has a couple of tell-tale pronunciation issues that give away the general area of the world that she's from.
Are you considering taking lessons from her?
I’ve once considered taking lessons from her. She has some English learning videos on YouTube and I sometimes watch them.

I’ve once considered taking lessons from her. She has some English learning videos on YouTube and I sometimes watch them.
I'd stick with free content from her, if I were you. If you're going to pay anyone, use a native English speaker.

@Maybo Copy my style, and we'll have everybody thinking you're an American.
😜

@Amigos4 Everybody here in Charlotte is from somewhere else -- including me.
😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back