Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What does Invoke “P” mean?

--------------------------------------
Donald J. Trump

As usual with “this” General Motors, things just never seem to work out. They said they were going to give us 40,000 much needed Ventilators, “very quickly”. Now they are saying it will only be 6000, in late April, and they want top dollar. Always a mess with Mary B. Invoke “P”.

I just saw that and I have no clue.

Edited to add: He just clarified that he meant the Defense Production Act.

Last edited:
I just read his new tweet (Invoke “P” means Defense Production Act!) and come to here unconvinced.

It could be a secret message. If you are of a conspiratorial mindset.

Defence Protection Act would be, you would think, "DPA" so I'm not entirely convinced either.

But we can't expect him to remember THREE letters in a row, can we? His teeny tiny brain would explode!

Covfefe!
;-)

Some guesses:
Invoke 'P(athetic)' (That is what the "Very Stable Genius" used to do - showing contempt for others)
Invoke 'P(rotest)'
Invoke 'P(resident's) (great power to do what the president wants to do)

I would strongly advise against using his tweets as a model for learning English.

Yes. Learn some information from him, not learn English from him.

Have you mistakenly expressed in English?

By "Learn some information from him", I simply meant that to know what he says, true or false. Of course I will do fact check on the information he offers.

Have I expressed my idea correctly?

If it's false, it's not really information. It's what's the expression? - fake news.

So in your definition, information means messages of facts? Without facts, it is not qualified to be called as information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back