Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Germany
One way that internet have changed our lives is about human relations. The communication method is deeply changed. Once time with a call you were able to perceive emotions and state of mind of our interlocutor. The arrival of instant messages is taking us to the loss of patient and respect toward the interlocutor. Today is normal write over each other, without give time to the person to write and ideally, to speak.
Once time calling was more expensive, there was more awareness about who call and who not. Today the tendency is to write, rather than speak, to everyone of all topic, also more intimate subjects. This is easier because we are less expose. Writing we can hidden our tone of voice and there are no eyes contact so is easy hidden our emotions and show something we are not.
On the other hand, there are also so many positive things internet gave us. The world seems littler, the distances are shorter, and the possibilities are increased considerably, for example to study, have a career or a family in a place different from native place. Maintain the relations is become easy like and share our experiences, give us the possibility to feel our family and friends still close. Internet could be an amazing tool, if used in a right way.

One way that ​the internet [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has changed our lives is [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] in the area of human relations.

I've made a start above.

I suppose it is Internet.

But I don't understand, why I can't use about?

I have a lot of ensteem for your work!

I suppose it is Internet.

But I don't understand, why I can't use about?

I have a lot of esteem for your work!

Ems is my teacher.:)

Second sentence. Try:

Communications have changed greatly over the past few decades.

Please be aware that the "why" questions are always hardest to answer. Indeed, I am gradually coming to the conclusion that it might be best to let the learner figure them out for himself/herself.

Hey Rover! It's your turn. The third sentence is yours.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back