Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
This era is called information society. So business using social network service flourishes/thrives. Many businesses use internet connection and share real time information.
In the past, we caught a taxi on the road or called/phoned for a taxi/cab. But nowadays, we call a taxi on/with a smart phone app. By using the app, we can know the taxi’s real time location and average fare to/for the destination.

Are the underlined correct?

Last edited:
Who says we're now in an "information society"?

Who wrote that text, and who do businesses share information with?

It's me who wrote it. If it's wrong, please correct it.

If you make up a phrase, you can't say "This era is called XXX". That suggests that it's a commonly used phrase. The closest thing I can think of is perhaps "digital information age". However, you still can't start with "This era is called ..." for the same reason I gave earlier.

Last edited:
I've heard of Information Age.

If you make up a phrase, you can't say "This era is called XXX". That suggests that it's a commonly used phrase. The closest thing I can think of is perhaps "digital information age". However, you still can't start with "This era is called ..." for the same reason I gave earlier.

What about this?
to/for the destination.

You could say it's the Information Age.

The destination to what?

You could say it's the Information Age.

The destination to what?
I mean the taxi passenger's destinations are like home, company, etc.

I think you're talking about the average fare from point A to point B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back