Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]Drums are the simplest/easiest musical instrument to play......
Firstly, it requires the movement of legs and arms to play drums You feel it easy to move arms and legs separately. But the problem is that you have to move legs and arms individually at same time. It’s the hardest thing to divide the movements of legs and arms, but some geniuses can do that. But most drummers practice hard the routine simultaneous movements of arms and legs.

Please let me know if the underlined parts are correct.

[/FONT]

Drums are easy to play (except they're not)

This is almost exactly the same as the other one.
:-|

Re: Drums are easy to play (except they're not)

1. Can you say "individually" for movements instead of "separately"?
2. I think "simultaneous movements" also works, right?

By this I meant this thread should be deleted. (I would have already done that if I were still a moderator.)

:argue:

By this I meant this thread should be deleted. (I would have already done that if I were still a moderator.)

No, this is different from the other threads.

You feel it easy to move arms and legs separately.

That sentence (which is quickly becoming unforgettable :-( ) also appears in the thread "The ability to move arms and legs separately". (That's also becoming unforgettable. :-( )

(You are talking about coordinating body movements, which happens (usually without giving it much thought) in many activities. (Like walking.)

Enough said.

In the other thread, I put the content of this thread as a background for your good understanding of the second paragraph.
If you first saw "Secondly,,,,", without any background, you would be embarrassed.

1. I added "normally" as it indicates that contrary to their movements while playing drums, this is what happens in usual times. Instead of "separately" used before, to make the meaning clear "taking turns/one after the other" is substituted. Is this correct?

Normally/Usually, you would feel it easy to move arms and legs taking turns/one after the other.

2. I'd like to know if the other underlined parts are correct.

Drums are the simplest/easiest musical instrument to play......
Firstly, it requires the movement of legs and arms to play drums. Normally/Usually, you would feel it easy(comfortable) to move arms and legs taking turns/one after the other. But the problem is that when you play drums, you have to move legs and arms separately/individually at the same time. It’s the hardest thing to divide the movements of legs and arms, but some geniuses can do that. But most drummers practice hard the routine simultaneous movements of arms and legs.

Last edited:

In the other thread, I put the content of this thread as a background for your good understanding of the second paragraph.
If you first saw "Secondly,,,,", without any background, you would be embarrassed.

First, that fails as an explanation because it is confusing. Second, there is no reason for me to be embarrassed. Third, you did it again! :-(

1. Can you say "individually" for movements instead of "separately"?
2. I think "simultaneous movements" also works, right?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I think the word you're looking for is independently. When your arms and legs move independently, they are each doing different things.

You shouldn't focus too much on the underlined parts because the whole text needs a lot of work. It's really not clear what you're trying to say.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I think the word you're looking for is independently. When your arms and legs move independently, they are each doing different things.

You shouldn't focus too much on the underlined parts because the whole text needs a lot of work. It's really not clear what you're trying to say.

I was considering "independently" but I wasn't sure of it. Now my worries are all gone. Thanks!

All your worries are gone. You sure are lucky.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back