English Teacher
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Germany
hi,
I was reading a webboard, and found this a bit different thought. I wud say " misleading implied statement"?. I am not sure if this phrase is context-bound or not. what do you think?
cheers,
doingresearch

hi,
I was reading a webboard, and found this a bit different thought. I wud say " misleading implied statement"?. I am not sure if this phrase is context-bound or not. what do you think?
cheers,
doingresearch

The phrase does not make sense to me.
A statement can be misleading but not implied. But a statement can imply something.

not a teacher

Not a teacher.

You can certainly word things in a way that would imply something that is misleading.

Not a teacher.

You can certainly word things in a way that would imply something that is misleading.

Yes, but do you call that a misleading, implied statement?

I think you can.

Not a teacher.

This does not seem logical.
A statement that implies that something else is misleading is not a misleading statement itself. :)

Implied often suggests that something is not said in actual words, so it would be possible to say that something is implied and misleading, though it would require a specific context to make sense of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back