[General] I'm using the Big Data anaylsis to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
My friend Chris said he's now using the Big Data to study customers' driving behavior because he's working in a company. And Victor added that in China many companies use Big Data to find customers.

I jokingly said "I'm using Big Data ayalysis to find the most compatible woman for me as my future girlfriend".

Is my italic sentence natural?

Edited:

Big Data is a term that describes the large volume of data – both structured and unstructured – that inundates a business on a day-to-day basis. (Source: definition of Big Data)

I want my sentence to mean "I'm using a large volume of information (here refers to young women who are compatible with me) to find the best suitable woman to date".

I wonder if my italic sentence is natural.

Last edited:
Re: I'm using the big data anaylsis to....

First, please use the Edit Post facility to correct "custmoers'" and "compatiable".

... then capitalise Big Data and tell us what it's about.

Sorry for the inconvenience, emsr2d2 and Rover. I already corrected my mistakes.

You still need to capitalise Big Data three more times (including in the title) and tell us what it's about.

You still need to capitalise Big Data three more times (including in the title) and tell us what it's about.

Is it okay now?

Yes.

Your italicised sentence is natural.

Yes.

Your italicised sentence is natural.

I appreciate your help, Rover.

I wonder if I can rule out some words to make the sentence simpler. Here's my attempt:

I'm using Big Data [STRIKE]ayalysis[/STRIKE] to find the most compatible woman [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] as my future girlfriend.

I wonder if I can [STRIKE]rule[/STRIKE] strike out some words to make the sentence simpler.
"Rule out" means remove from consideration.

"Rule out" means remove from consideration.

I want to shorten my sentence to make it clear and natural. I think I can strike out some words. Would you please help me, GS?

I want to shorten my sentence to make it clear and natural. I think I can strike out some words. Would you please help me, GS?

I'm using Big Data analysis to find the perfect girlfriend. I removed compatible because that's an obvious attribute of a perfect girlfriend. You don't need woman if you're a grown man because your girlfriend is obviously going to be one. I dropped future because it adds nothing; if you're trying to find the perfect girlfriend, it's obvious you don't have one now.

I'm using Big Data analysis to find the perfect girlfriend. I removed compatible because that's an obvious attribute of a perfect girlfriend. You don't need woman if you're a grown man because your girlfriend is obviously going to be one. I dropped future because it adds nothing; if you're trying to find the perfect girlfriend, it's obvious you don't have one now.

I appreciate your perfect understanding of the context and your help and kindness, GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back