Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Could you see who's "he"? It appears to be obtrusive and inconsistent in the context.

It seems both "I" and "he" refer back to Uncle Leon himself. I am not sure.

====================

Uncle Leon, being an old Cajun and such, loves to cook. Well, one day old uncle Leon was cooking up a storm for a big crowd of his friends and, as usual people would ask to pass down the seasoning. Now uncle Leon's cooking is mighty fine and adding some seasoning is just normal for us cajun folks, but that got uncle Leon to thinking...What if I was to make my own seasoning? Well one thing led to another and I'll be dang if he did not come up with just the right recipe. I mean it is goooood! Then everyone started asking for a little extra, then some extra to take home and then uncle Leon thought, I might ought to get some bottles to put it in. Well once again, one thing led to another and then he had to come up with a name. He thought long and hard, then Miss Dot, who's uncle Leons pretty wife, said "Why not just call it "Uncle Leon's Louisiana Seasoning". Well it stuck and is the very same recipe that all Uncle Leon's friends craved in the beginning and is now available to everyone.

Source: About Uncle Leon's Seasoning

https://uncleleonsseasoning.webs.com/aboutuncleleon.htm

"He" is Uncle Leon. "I" is the narrator of the story.
"What if I was to make my own seasoning?" is the only thing Uncle Leon thought. It stops there. It's bad punctuation, but it's obvious to a native speaker. I'd probably put quotes around what Uncle Leon thought, or start a new line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back