Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Belarus
Current Location
Belarus
Hello all.
Can anyone explain to me what the chorus of the song "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven is about? I'm at a loss a bit.

Well I’m not paralyzed
But, I seem to be struck by you
I want to make you move
Because you’re standing still
If your body matches
What your eyes can do
You’ll probably move right through
Me on my way to you

Who is "you"? Why does he want someone move? The highlighted part I don't understand altogether. Can you help me?

The full lyrics is here.

Unfortunately, I've just listened to the whole song and I hope you don't mind my saying that the lyrics are awful!

1) The you is the person he wants to make love to.

2) Because she (or whoever you is) is standing still, which has a paralyzing effect on him. (She is the 'Paralyzer'.) He also means he wants to have sex with her (i.e., make her move).

3) My take is that he's talking about sex. He imagines that she'll be very good in bed. He just wants to get out of the sh*tty club and go somewhere to have great sex with her.

I hope you don't mind my saying that the lyrics are awful!
Not at all. I'm not sure I'd be ready to listen to an honest opinion about a thing I had written, but if you are criticising anyone else, I'm all for it! :-D

Thanks, Frank. Very helpful, as always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back