If you take/have a look at the article you'll find that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneD

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Belarus
Current Location
Belarus
It sometimes happens that I need to share a link to an article or a book on the internet and suggest reading it but I don't know how to do it in a polite way. My usual option is:
If you take/have a look at the article you'll find that...

So the questions are:
1. Is my option natural?
2. There are times when during a discussion I repeat that formula again and again. What else could I say in such a situation?

Last edited:
How about "Here's a link to an article I think you'll find useful/interesting ..."?

It's perfect! Thanks.

If you find yourself repeatedly linking to the same page, you might reduce traffic by simply pasting a quote into your thread. Include a link each time, though.

During one conversation I sometimes refer to several books or articles which can be found on different sites. That's why I asked the original question. I'd just like to diversify the ways of how to suggest politely and unintrusively what I think would be of some help to the interlocutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back