Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In my chatroom on TikTok, I met a kind of people. They are not the same person. They always come to my chatroom saying "You're a Chinese person why do you speak English". They disdain Chinese people who speak English because they believe that we should speak Chinese. But people come to my chatroom to practice using English. What's wrong with that?

Today I met a man who said "Why you speak English, you're Chinese, Fxxk you".

I said "If you insist on saying Chinese people should not speak English in our chatroom, please persuade us with your reasons".

Is my italic sentence good?

Convince us?

Or how about:

Get lost!

In my TikTok chatroom, on TikTok, I keep met encountering a certain kind of people person. They are not the same person. They always come to my chatroom saying "You're a Chinese person. Why do you speak English?" They disdain Chinese people who speak English because they believe that we should speak only Chinese. But However, people come to my chatroom to practice using English. What's wrong with that?

Today, I met a man came into the chatroom who and said "Why are you speaking English? You're Chinese. F**k you".

I said "If you insist on saying really believe Chinese people should not shouldn't speak English in our chatroom, explain why". please persuade us with your reasons".

Is my italic sentence good?
Note my corrections above. The final part of your last sentence was stilted and old-fashioned. It sounded like something from Jane Austen.

I assume the man who turned up today said that to you in Chinese, since he's clearly so anti speaking English.

You've got more patience than me. If I ran that chatroom, my answer would be "If you're not going to speak English, f*ck off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back