[General] If they don't want to come, don't push them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I'm the host of an English club for kids. These two weeks, I've seen less and less regular participants. I don't know where the problem is but each I do want to ask them to come to the English club. Today, I said to myself "If they don't want to come, don't push them".

Is it natural to say it? How about "If they don't want to come, just let it go".

Either would work.

Yes, they're both phrased naturally.

I'm the host of an English club for kids. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] Over the last two weeks, I've seen [STRIKE]less[/STRIKE] fewer and [STRIKE]less[/STRIKE] fewer regular participants. I don't know where the problem is but [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE] I do want to ask each of [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] the kids who have dropped out to come back. [STRIKE]to the English club.[/STRIKE] Today, I said to myself "If they don't want to come, don't push them".

Is it natural to say [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that? How about "If they don't want to come, just let it go"?

Note my corrections above.

Remember - it's "fewer" for countable nouns and "less" for uncountable nouns.

Both your italic sentences are OK.

You could say that fewer and fewer are showing up.

You say they are kids. Maybe you could have more games.

Also "just let it be" or "so be it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back