Member Type
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
United States
Edit:

An American English speaker used to visit a park regulary but then he didn't go there for many years. One day, he went to that park again and watched the sunset. Should he say "I'd forgotten how beautiful it could be here" or "I forgot how beautiful it could be here"?

Last edited:
Hello!

Some speaker of American English used to come to the park but then he didn't visit it for many years. One day he went to that park again and watched the sunset there. Should he say "I'd forgotten how beautiful it can be here" or "I forgot how beautiful it can be here"?
Thanks a lot.
I much prefer the first one.

(Please forget about thanking me ahead of time. Instead, thank me to indicate that my advice was helpful.)

Hello!

Some speaker of
An American English speaker used to come to the visit a park regularly but then he didn't visit it go there for many years. One day, he went to that park again and watched the sunset. there. Should he say "I'd forgotten how beautiful it could be here" or "I forgot how beautiful it could be here"?

Thanks a lot. Don't thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" icon (found by hovering over the "Like" button).

Please note my corrections above.

British English would use the past perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back