I would like to see dr Johnson. I need an appointment for Saturday 6 PM.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Can I ask the following over the phone to get an appointment?

I would like to see dr Johnson. I need an appointment for Saturday 6 PM.

Can I ask the following over the phone to get an appointment?

I would like to see Dr Johnson. I need an appointment for Saturday at 6pm. PM.
You can if that's how your doctor's surgery works. At mine, you tell the receptionist that you want a face-to-face appointment and they tell you which doctor has appointments available and on what date and at what time. (It's a bit more convoluted than that but I won't bore anyone with the rigmarole involved in getting an NHS doctor's appointment these days unless you want me to!)

I've made appointments with doctors in Czechia, Germany and Turkey. As in the UK, it's always been the receptionist who has said what times are available.

NHS - National Health Service?

I can't imagine any kind of medical service where the patient determines the appointment, unless it's some kind of concierge doctor. Which it very well may be, considering you're asking for a Saturday evening appointment!

I have sometimes asked if there's anything available in a general time frame, but not a specific time.

For example, "Do you have any openings Thursday morning?"

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back