I wish I had a friend who challenges me like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kii

Member Type
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Please give criticism for this paragraph.

I wish I had a friend who challenges me like that. It sure is more fun than a chore when you do it together. I was thinking about making a habit of jogging down the road early in the morning, but my parents say it isn’t good because the air here is contaminated. What would you do if you were me?

I wish I had a friend who challenges me like that. It sure is more fun than a chore when you do it with somebody. I was thinking about making a habit of jogging down the road early in the morning, but my parents say it isn’t good because the air here is polluted. What would you do if you were me?
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kii
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.
I wish I have a friend who challenges me like that. Is this correct?

No. It must be 'had'. Ideally it should be 'challenged'. For a wish for something that is not real (you don't have a friend like that), we distance in reality by using a so-called past tense.

Do you want to jog?

In what way do you want to be challenged?

Please give criticism for this paragraph.

I think the underlined part is unnatural. You don't ask people to criticize what you have written, but to check or comment.

I didn'nt know that to have a companion to jog with you is a challenge. It is more likely to be sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back