[Grammar] I will always love you till I breathe or I will always love you till I will breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi teachers,

"I will always love you till I breathe." or "I will always love you till I will breathe." Which one is correct and natural? I am pretty confused about using "will" in two phrases of a sentence. Before this I had also raised a question regarding this case.

Thanks.

Neither works. They mean that your love will stop when you you start breathing. This clearly make no sense.

Oh no! I didn't mean that. I am sorry. Here the one meant "I will always love you till I stop breathing." "I will always love you till I will stop breathing." Which of the two is okay or natural? My point is "will". I think you have got my problem.

Oh no! I didn't mean that. I am sorry. Here the one meant "I will always love you till I stop breathing." "I will always love you till I will stop breathing." Which of the two is okay or natural? My point is "will". I think you have got my problem.

It's incorrect with the second "will".

The first is OK. The second is not.

You could also use till I breathe my last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back