I was a T.A. working at a laboratory while doing a bachelor’s degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink_Flower

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Would you please check the following for any errors?

I was a T.A. working at a laboratory while doing a bachelor’s degree. Every week students were assigned some homework and I was required to walk them through them. However, I made sure not to give them the answers right away; instead helped them by giving them some tips and introducing some resources to look for.

It's a good idea to spell out T.A. the first time you use it. I have some idea of what it might mean from the context, but I'm not 100% sure.

I would put a comma after "Every week" and delete "to look for".

Would you please check the following for any errors?

I was a T.A. working at a laboratory while doing a bachelor’s degree. Every week students were assigned some homework and I was required to walk them through it. However, I made sure not to give them the answers right away; instead I helped them by giving them some tips and introducing some resources to look for.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last part. Did you refer them to useful websites?

Isn't it understood that resources are meant to be "looked for"?

Isn't it understood that resources are meant to be "looked for"?
No. There's nothing in the word that implies you have to look for them.
"The hospital has new resources for treating patients with heart attacks. But they have to find them themselves" Er ... no!

No. There's nothing in the word that implies you have to look for them.
"The hospital has new resources for treating patients with heart attacks. But they have to find them themselves" Er ... no!

I think "introducing some resources" for the homework is self-explanatory. If not, what is the purpose of introducing?

Pink Flower, I would say I was working on a bachelor's degree. (Maybe that's old-fashioned these days.) Other than that, make the part at the end more clear and you're good to go.
:)

I think "introducing some resources" for the homework is self-explanatory. If not, what is the purpose of introducing?
Sorry, I don't understand your point, ted.

Sorry, I don't understand your point, ted.

I thought it was understood that the resources which were introduced were meant to be "looked for".

I thought it was understood that the resources which were introduced were meant to be "looked for".
No, I could introduce resources to you that you wouldn't have to look for. For example, if I was sitting next to you, I could pass you a dictionary. In the above case, the teacher does want the students to look for the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back