[Grammar] I want to read "more" interesting stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

handtohsome

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hello, native speakers.
I have a question.
If I would like to express "I want to read stories which are more interesting than the ones I just did", how can I express myself?
Can "I want to read more interesting stories" convey my true thought?
Or in what else way can I express myself if I want to use adjective only instead of relative clause?
By the way, does "I want to read a more interesting story" sound weird to you?
(a more ineteresting noun)

Last edited:
A story that is interesting to a person may not be so to another. Every story is different, so it is rather subjective to compare how interesting stories are. How do you compare an apple and an orange?

not a teacher

'I want to read stories more interesting than those I just read.'

Not a teacher.

A story that is interesting to a person may not be so to another. Every story is different, so it is rather subjective to compare how interesting stories are. How do you compare an apple and an orange?

not a teacher
Thanks, tedmc.
Let me rewrite the situation.
For instance, LINE just launched a new function that changes words into stickers. For example, smile into :).
This function makes our chats with others more interesting.
So, LINE launched a new feature which enables users to "have more interesting chats."
In this situation, what do you think?

That may be more interesting to those who like stickers but not those who like to use words.

Not a teacher.

Thanks, guys, but I am not here to debate. LOL I just really want to clear up my confusion. Thank you for your answer above!

"I want to read more interesting stories" is ambiguous. It could mean "I have read interesting stories and I would like to continue reading interesting stories" or it could mean "I have read some stories and I would now like to read some stories which are more interesting than the stories I previously read".

Welcome to the forum, greatwindowsss.

Please read this extract from the forum guidelines:
You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly at the top of your post.

greatwindowsss did not answer any questions but copied what I already wrote and then posted an advertising link, which was subsequently deleted by bhaisahab.

Not a teacher.

We need to keep an eye on this poster.

Greatwindowss, please note that your advertising link was removed, in line with forum procedures. Also, please check your member profile. It says you are currently located in American Samoa. Your IP address tells a different story. Please correct the information.

So, LINE launched a new feature which enables users to "have more interesting chats."
In this situation, what do you think?

It works fine and is the sort of thing the makers would say, though Matthew has a point.

I wouldn't call things like ;-) stickers- I would use something like smiley or emoticon.

That's even better! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back