I want to know a grammar lesson name.Music acts as a stimulus to awaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello everyone,

I would like to know what grammar lesson that includes this grammar structure to know why writer used that grammar structure.

Music acts as stimulus (to awaken buried memories.)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I would like to know grammar lesson name including this to know why they used that grammar structure.

Music acts as stimulus to awaken buried memories.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

Why did the writer wrote that sentence in this way? I want to know lesson of that grammatical structure.(TO AWAKEN BURIED MEMORIES)

Last edited:
What is it you don't understand? It's a very simple structure.

Please tell us your understanding of:

- to awaken (verb)
- buried (adjective)
- memories (noun)

Well, Can I use 'Music acts as stimulus which can awaken buried memories' instead?

I think you are about to get my point. I overuse 'which can' that can be 'to-infintive' like the example I have just given to you, so I want to know how can I use 'to-infinitive' in that part well. I hope you get to know what I mean this time. And Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what grammar lesson that includes this grammar structure to know why writer used that grammar structure.

Music acts as stimulus (to awaken buried memories.)

Some of our confusion may have stemmed from the fact that in your title, you said "Music acts as a stimulus to awaken." In your actual post, you said "Music acts as stimulus to awaken buried memories".

You had clearly seen this sentence somewhere. Did the original sentence include the indefinite article or not? If not, I would have assumed it was a newspaper headline or similar. If it included the indefinite article, then it's a perfectly good sentence.

Indefinite article aside, "to awaken buried memories" is correct.

I did see it somewhere, but it's not completely about the sentence meaning , but the grammar structure used instead of 'Which'.What I need is the name of the lesson including that part. Thanks in advance. Anyway, it includes an indefinite article. And sorry it was a typo!

I'm really not sure what you mean when you keep saying "I need the name of the lesson". Are you looking for a rule? Check the definition of "lesson" - I think you might have the wrong word.

YEA. I want the rule! I chose the wrong word 'lesson'. It should have been 'rule'. :( Sorry for my bad language!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back