Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Romania
To understand my question, I need to provide some context. I'm using an operating system called Linux on my computer, and within it, there's a concept called a "package repository." There can be multiple such repositories, and the user selects which ones they want to use. For example, one repository may contain software specific to multimedia, while another may have software specific for text editing, and so on.

The operating system I'm currently using is called Linux Fedora 38, to be more precise. However, a new version, Fedora 39, has been released recently. I needed to update the URLs for two repositories, each of which has one link for access. These links were initially configured for Fedora 38. Now, if I update these links for Fedora 39, the correct phrasing to reflect the change in my context would be?:

1. I updated the RPMFusion repository URLs.
2. I updated the RPMFusion repository URLs to Fedora 39. (Or should I use for Fedora 39 instead of to?)
3. I updated the RPMFusion repository URLs from Fedora 38 to Fedora 39. (This one includes the word "Fedora" twice, even though it is the most explicit)

RPM Fusion is the name of the repositories (it includes both RPMFusion Free for free software and RPMFusion Non-Free for non-free software).

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume you want to write this. Who are you writing to? Who's going to read it?

I need to summarize the change in a log file. It's mainly for me.

The second gives the necessary information. I would assume you went from 38 to 39. If you had instead gone from, say 35 to 39, then say "to Fedora 39 from 35."

To understand my question ...

Your preamble should begin 'For you to understand my question, I need to provide some context. '

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back