rajan

Member Type
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I found difficulty in making the following note. I have underlined some sentences because I think those are grammatical wrong and I do not know how to correct it. Could you please help me out to improve it further.

Long time back, one-day morning, I took my dog to a veterinary clinic in my car to have him bathed or for a bath. The clinic was quite far from my home. In our home, we cannot bathe dogs as well as those clinics give them a bathe or have them bathed in a professional way. Same evening, I took my dog to a nearby park for a stroll(can we use word stroll for a dog). I unleashed him there. He was playing in the park. Due to darkness, I did not realize that in one corner of the park there was muddy water. He jumped into that water and started rolling in that muddy water. He again got dirty and all the dirt covered him.

Now I do not know how to write this line further. When a person regrets, sometimes he slaps his hand on his own forehead out of frustration. Is there any phrase for it? How do we write that line?

When I saw him covering with dirt, I slapped ________ and regretted I should not have brought him in the park at this time. All my hard work got failed that I did in the morning.

I had difficulty in making the following note. I have underlined some sentences because I think those are grammatically wrong and I do not know how to correct them. Could you please help me out to improve them [STRIKE]further[/STRIKE]?

A long time back, one morning, I took my dog to a vet in my car [STRIKE]to have him bathed or[/STRIKE] for a bath. The clinic was quite far from my home. In our home, we cannot bathe dogs as well as those clinics, which bathe them professionally. That evening, I took my dog to a nearby park for a stroll[STRIKE] (can we use word stroll for a dog)[/STRIKE]. I unleashed him there. He was playing in the park. Due to the darkness, I did not realize that in one corner of the park there was muddy water. He jumped into that water and started rolling in it. He got dirty again. The dirt covered him.

Now I do not know how to write this line further. When a person regrets something, sometimes he slaps his hand on his own forehead out of frustration. Is there any phrase for it? How do we write that line?

When I saw him covering with dirt, I slapped my head in frustration and regretted bringing him to the park. All my hard work [STRIKE]got failed[/STRIKE] that I did in the morning was ruined/spoiled/wasted.
Not bad!

Yes, you can take a dog for a stroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things. One, the dog did not start rolling in the muddy water. Instead, he jumped in and rolled in the muddy water, enjoying himself immensely. Two, say covered with dirt.

(You can thank me now.)

I was going to say that. You beat me to it again.
;-)

I was going to say that. You beat me to it again.
;-)
Now I'm hearing the old Rufus Thomas tune "Walking the Dog," covered by the Rolling Stones and many others. ("Walkin' the dog! Walkin' the dog! If you don't know how to do it, I'll show you how to walk the dog!")

It comes from an old expression. In Memphis, where Thomas is from, wives sometimes went into bars to find their husbands. When they did, they'd grab their husbands by the ear and tow them home. It was called walking the dog.

I have always been grateful to all of you who are working for this forum. Believe me, this is not just a statement. Is there any word that is stronger than thanks? If yes, then you may consider introducing that option to click. Unlike other forums, you keep an eye on every post so that nobody could give members a wrong answer and that wrong answer is immediately removed or corrected that makes this forum reliable where correct guidance is provided.

I still remember that when I had joined this forum, 'thanks giving' option was not introduced and members have to express their feelings by writing. So, I think, it is difficult for anyone to know that how many times a person has expressed thanks.

I don't know why Tarheel pointed out that in third post of this thread. I still remember members like "Soup',
"Caseopea", Parser to name a few, who do not post now, who helped me a lot by going out of the way. I still feel blessed that I have met them on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back