I started a new business 1.5 years ago, and now am trying to expand our product line

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

I started a new business 1.5 years ago, and now am trying to expand our product line and push the brand to the next level.

Is the sentence grammatical and does it make sense?

I started a new business 1.5 years ago, and now I am trying to expand our product line and [STRIKE]push[/STRIKE] take the brand to the next level.

not a teacher

I started a new business 1.5 years ago, and now am trying to expand our product line and push the brand to the next level.

I'm not sure if I should use trying here... Is push wrong, because I've seen it used like that before.

Omitting 'I' is OK but I thought having it makes the sentence sound better.
I would like to hear from the teachers.

not a teacher

I am not a teacher.

I don't think 'push' is wrong.

People do 'take things to the next level', but if it is an arduous/laborious process, 'push' would convey that idea quite well.

Push implies an element of force. IMO, 'take' sounds better.

not a teacher

'1.5 years' is not colloquial.

Say 'eighteen months' or 'a year and a half'.

Other than the 1.5 years, the sentence is okay then?

I started a new business a year and a half ago, and now am trying to expand our product line and push the brand to the next level.

Is the sentence grammatical and does it make sense?

Yes. But don't say "1.5 years."

It's better with "... and am now trying ..." not "... and now am trying ...", at least to my ears.

Raymott
I'd like your comment on my posts, 2, 4 and 6. Thanks.

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back