Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello

Is it correct to use "place a high value" like this? And also do you say "put something into your stomach"?

Is this sentence okay?

I have always placed a high value on my health and consequently what I put into my stomach.

The second half doesn't really work for me. You're saying you place a high value on what you put in your stomach (talking of that, why don't you just say "eat"?)

The second half doesn't really work for me. You're saying you place a high value on what you put in your stomach (talking of that, why don't you just say "eat"?)

Is this okay?

I have always placed a high value on my health and consequently what I eat.

No. You're still saying that you place a high value on what you eat. I don't think that's what you mean. I would expect something like "I have always valued my (good) health and, consequently, I'm very careful/picky/choosy with what I eat".

No. You're still saying that you place a high value on what you eat. I don't think that's what you mean. I would expect something like "I have always valued my (good) health and, consequently, I'm very careful/picky/choosy with what I eat".

I have always placed a high value on my health and consequently I am really picky about what I put into my stomach.

And now you've gone back to "what I put into my stomach" instead of "what I eat". Try to look again at all my suggestions and combine them into one sentence.

And now you've gone back to "what I put into my stomach" instead of "what I eat". Try to look again at all my suggestions and combine them into one sentence.

I have always placed a high value on my health and consequently I am really picky about what I eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back