[Vocabulary] I need some help with some exercises. These bases on vocabulary and grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-AngerWing-

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Estonia
Current Location
Estonia
I suggest my own answer. :)

1. Choose the correct word !
1) Geece is one of the best places to go to visit aged / antique / ancient / archaic ruins.​
2) The beautiful hotel grounds had lush / unique / scientic / rich vegetation.
3) There are few countries in Europe where you need to exchange cash / currency / money / notes
these days.
4) We had a fantastic look / sight / view / scenery from our hotel room.
5) A large number of tourists go on packed / charter / pocket / package tours every year.
6) In America you have to pay a taxi on any remote / external / foreign / alien goods you buy on holiday.
7) What directs / affects / influeces / controls your decision about where to go on holiday?
8) England is a place of outstanding natural / real / genuine / unaffected beauty.

I suggest my own answer. :)

1. Choose the correct word !
1) Geece is one of the best places to go to visit aged / antique / ancient / archaic ruins. Ancient.
2) The beautiful hotel grounds had lush / unique / scientic / rich vegetation. OK.
3) There are few countries in Europe where you need to exchange cash / currency / money / notes
these days. Currency.
4) We had a fantastic look / sight / view / scenery from our hotel room. View.
5) A large number of tourists go on packed / charter / pocket / package tours every year. Or charter.
6) In America you have to pay a tax on any remote / external / foreign / alien goods you buy on holiday. OK.
7) What directs / affects / influeces / controls your decision about where to go on holiday? Influences.
8) England is a place of outstanding natural / real / genuine / unaffected beauty. OK.

Some of your choices are not necessarily wrong, but I have indicated what I believe are better choices given the context or in some examples, limited context.

Okey, now I know - but thx anyway. (:)

Okay, now I know - but thanks anyway. (:)

[AmE - not a teacher]

FYI, "but thanks anyway" is inappropriate in this context. It (usually) means "you tried to help, but you could not, but thanks for trying." Since Bill did help, you should instead just say "thanks", or "and thanks".

1: I tried to get tickets to the last showing, but they said they were sold out.
2: I would have loved to have seen that play, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back